Re: error "can only drop stats once" brings down database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: error "can only drop stats once" brings down database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 09:37:35AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am wondering if we should tackle this problem by adding a notion of
> "age" in the stats entries for what's stored in the central dshash and
> in the hold copies in the backends, so as we dump the "age" of an
> existing stats entry if we find out that it gets reused in a create
> path.  That requires some design and would not be backpatchable, but
> it does not seem that invasive at quick glance (I had my eyes on this
> code the full week).  Other thoughts are welcome.

This still sounds like a good idea after sleeping on it over the
weekend.  Please note that I am moving on with the problem on this
thread where this has been reported, and that is the point of origin:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZmvVudpT8z6hbY9t@paquier.xyz

Let's continue the discussion there.
--
Michael