Re: problems with "Shared Memory and Semaphores" section of docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: problems with "Shared Memory and Semaphores" section of docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 02:21:23PM -0500, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 12:48:37PM -0500, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> Cool.  I'll at least fix the back-branches as-is, but I'll see about
>> revamping this stuff for v18.
>
> Attached is probably the absolute least we should do for the back-branches.

Any concerns with doing something like this [0] for the back-branches?  The
constant would be 6 instead of 7 on v14 through v16.

I wrote a quick sketch for what a runtime-computed GUC might look like for
v18.  We don't have agreement on this approach, but I figured I'd post
something while we search for a better one.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/attachment/160360/v1-0001-fix-kernel-resources-docs-on-back-branches.patch

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment