Re: column_name of ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW should only refer to an existing column - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: column_name of ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW should only refer to an existing column
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 02:59:37AM +0200, Erik Wienhold wrote:
> Here's a patch for $SUBJECT.  Looks like the current wording was copied
> from ALTER TABLE.  In ALTER VIEW we correctly state that column_name
> must be an existing column.

Fun.  You are right, none of the patterns supported by this query are
able to add an attribute, so this new formulation makes sense.

Will fix once we are out of release freeze time on HEAD.  Thanks!
--
Michael

Attachment