Re: BUG #18210: libpq: PQputCopyData sometimes fails in non-blocking mode over GSSAPI encrypted connection - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: BUG #18210: libpq: PQputCopyData sometimes fails in non-blocking mode over GSSAPI encrypted connection
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I wonder if we should drop the idea of returning a positive bytecount
> > after a partial write, and just return the pqsecure_raw_write result,
> > and not reset PqGSSSendConsumed until we write everything presented.
> > In edge cases maybe that would result in some buffer bloat, but it
> > doesn't seem worse than what happens when the very first
> > pqsecure_raw_write returns EINTR.
>
> Here's a patch that fixes it along those lines.  I like this better,
> I think, not least because it removes the assumption that "interesting"
> pqsecure_raw_write failures will recur on the next try.

Thanks for looking into this.  I agree with this approach and took a
look through the patch and it all makes sense to me.

> Still need to look at syncing the backend with this.

I see you made similar changes to the backend and those also look good.

Thanks again,

Stephen

Attachment