Re: 'pg_global' cannot be used as default_tablespace. - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 'pg_global' cannot be used as default_tablespace.
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 08:28:08AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/bug-reporting.html
>
> Tablespace 'pg_global' is one of the two auto-generated tablespace by
> initdb, and 'pg_global' should not be used as the default_tablespace, since
> it is used for shared system catalogs. However, none of these information is
> recorded in the doc
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-client.html and
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/manage-ag-tablespaces.html. In case of
> some mishandling to use 'pg_global' as a default_tablespace value, it is
> better to record it in the doc of
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/manage-ag-tablespaces.html.

I know this is three years old, but I am now looking at this email can
can't see the problem:

    SET default_tablespace = 'pg_global';

    CREATE TABLE test (x int);
    ERROR:  only shared relations can be placed in pg_global tablespace

Did you want an error from the SET command?