Re: Change error code severity for syslog? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Change error code severity for syslog?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 09:42:47AM +0900, Abhishek Bhola wrote:
> For most of the Postgres errors, translating it to WARNING level in syslog
> works, however, I wanted to translate *ERROR codes XX000/1/2* in Postgres
> to be ERROR in syslog as well, so that it triggers the alert system and I
> can notified.
>
> Is there any way to change the severity level for these specific error
> codes in Postgres?

You could, hypothetically, use the elog hook to switch dynamically the
error data reports to something else depending on the types of filters
you would like to apply to them.  I have an example of this kind of
idea in one of my plugin modules here:
https://github.com/michaelpq/pg_plugins/tree/main/jsonlog
--
Michael