Re: BUG #18000: Access method used by matview can be dropped leaving broken matview - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #18000: Access method used by matview can be dropped leaving broken matview
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 08:11:51AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Agreed.  I was wondering if this was worth having in this path (other
> code paths are rather lax about that), but yes let's do it as there
> should not be more than one record in pg_depend.

There was something that was itching me a little bit here: shouldn't
we also switch the AM dependency of the second relation?  In the
context of a table rewrite, the new relation is temporary and quickly
dropped after the relation files are swapped, but that may not be the
case of all the callers of swap_relation_files() depending on the
persistency of what they swap and what they want to do.

Thoughts?
--
Michael

Attachment