Re: BUG #17942: vacuumdb doesn't populate extended statistics on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #17942: vacuumdb doesn't populate extended statistics on partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 06:02:07PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> For 12 or later, pg_partition_ancestors() is available. Thus something
> like the following query would work.

Yes, we will need to be a bit more imaginative for older servers :(

Any pre-11 logic added had better mention the compatibility tweak it
required, and that pg_partition_ancestors() could be used to simplify
the filtering a lot for the analyze case.  It would be good to add
some test cases to check all the patterns we would need to look after,
for both the VACUUM and ANALYZE cases.  Perhaps with vacuumdb
--verbose and a pattern match check of the logs produced, with at
least 2 level of partitioning to check after the case of ANALYZE run
across a rather complex partitioning tree?
--
Michael

Attachment