Re: BUG #17884: gist_page_items() crashes for a non-leaf page of an index with non-key columns - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #17884: gist_page_items() crashes for a non-leaf page of an index with non-key columns
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 10:50:28AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I have expanded the tests to show how this applies for more data
> types, like point or integers.  Any thoughts about the v5 attached?

Two extra things that I had in mind, as long as I don't forget about
them..  We could have a logic closer to record_out(), and grab a copy
of it for this specific function (hstore does that, as one example),
but I cannot really get into this approach, it just does not seem
worth the complications compared to the use cases.

Another thing would be to use separate bracket types to the groups of
values while still using parenthesis for the whole set of key and
included values, like:
(a1, a2) INCLUDE (a3, a4) = ([val1], [val2]) INCLUDE ([val3], [val4])

But I am not sure that we need this much complication, either.
Compared to the point of showing all the values from the GiST tuples,
tweaking the style is not interesting as pageinspect is for advanced
users.  More opinions or ideas are welcome, of course.
--
Michael

Attachment