Re: pg_recvlogical prints bogus error when interrupted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_recvlogical prints bogus error when interrupted
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 08:15:11AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> The attached patch (pg_recvlogical_graceful_interrupt.text) has a
> couple of problems, I believe. We're losing prepareToTerminate() with
> keepalive true and we're not skipping pg_log_error("unexpected
> termination of replication stream: %s" upon interrupt, after all we're
> here discussing how to avoid it.
>
> I came up with the attached v2 patch, please have a look.

This thread has slipped through the feature freeze deadline.  Would
people be OK to do something now on HEAD?  A backpatch is also in
order, IMO, as the current behavior looks confusing under SIGINT and
SIGTERM.
--
Michael

Attachment