Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 07, 2023 at 12:01:17PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Why would it mean that? Parallel workers are updated together with the leader,
> so there's no compatibility issue?

My point is that the callback system would still need to be maintained
in a stable branch, and, while useful, it could be used for much more
than it is originally written.  I guess that this could be used in
custom nodes with their own custom parallel nodes.
--
Michael

Attachment