Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 01:09:35PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> This currently handles partitions with a loop around the whole CIC
> implementation, which means that things like WaitForLockers() happen
> once for each index, the same as REINDEX CONCURRENTLY on a partitioned
> table.  Contrast that with ReindexRelationConcurrently(), which handles
> all the indexes on a table in one pass by looping around indexes within
> each phase.

Rebased over the progress reporting fix (27f5c712b).

I added a list of (intermediate) partitioned tables, rather than looping
over the list of inheritors again, to save calling rel_get_relkind().

I think this patch is done.

--
Justin

Attachment