Re: Disable rdns for Kerberos tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Disable rdns for Kerberos tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Push, thanks again!
>
> Why'd you only change HEAD?  Isn't the test equally fragile in the
> back branches?

Following on from this after some additional cross-platform testing,
turns out there's other options we should be disabling in these tests to
avoid depending on DNS for the test.

Attached is another patch which, for me at least, seems to prevent the
tests from causing any DNS requests to happen.  This also means that the
tests run in a reasonable time even in cases where DNS is entirely
broken (the resolver set in /etc/resolv.conf doesn't respond).

Barring objections, my plan is to commit this change soon and to
back-patch both patches to supported branches.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment