Re: Generate pg_stat_get_xact*() functions with Macros - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Generate pg_stat_get_xact*() functions with Macros
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 08:39:14AM +0100, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Yeah, there is some dependencies around this one.
>
> [1]: depends on it
> Current one depends of [2], [3] and [4]
>
> Waiting on Author is then the right state, thanks for having moved it to that state.
>
> [1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/f572abe7-a1bb-e13b-48c7-2ca150546822@gmail.com
> [2]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/b9e1f543-ee93-8168-d530-d961708ad9d3@gmail.com
> [3]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/11d531fe-52fc-c6ea-7e8e-62f1b6ec626e@gmail.com
> [4]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9142f62a-a422-145c-bde0-b5bc498a4ada@gmail.com

[3] and [4] have been applied.  [2] is more sensitive than it looks,
and [1] for the split of index and table stats can feed on the one of
this thread.

Roma wasn't built in one day, and from what I can see you can still do
some progress with the refactoring of pgstatfuncs.c with what's
already on HEAD.  So how about handling doing that first as much as we
can based on the state of HEAD?  That looks like 50~60% (?) of the
original goal to switch pgstatfuncs.c to use more macros to generate
the definition of all these SQL functions.
--
Michael

Attachment