Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
Date
Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 05:18:28PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Wow, good point.  I think to make it work we'd need put
> huge_pages_active into BackendParameters and handle it in
> save_backend_variables().  If so, that'd be strong argument for using a
> GUC, which already has all the necessary infrastructure for exposing the
> server's state.

I am afraid so, duplicating an existing infrastructure for a need like
the one of this thread is not really appealing.
--
Michael

Attachment