Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 02:29:26PM -0400, Gregory Stark (as CFM) wrote:
> 1) Move it yourself to the next CF (or withdraw it)
> 2) Post to the list with any pending questions asking for specific
> feedback -- it's much more likely to get feedback than just a generic
> "here's a patch plz review"...
> 3) Mark it Ready for Committer and possibly post explaining the
> resolution to any earlier questions to make it easier for a committer
> to understand the state
>
> If there's still no emails on these at some point I suppose it will
> make sense to move them out of the CF.

>  * Avoid hiding shared filesets in pg_ls_tmpdir (pg_ls_* functions for
> showing metadata ...)

My patch.  I don't care if it's in v1[3456], but I wish it would somehow
progress - idk what else is needed.  I wrote this after Thomas Munro +1
my thinking that it's absurd for pg_ls_tmpdir() to not show [shared]
filesets in tempdirs...

>  * CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned table

My patch.  I think there's agreement that this patch is ready, except
that it's waiting on the bugfix for the progress reporting patch.  IDK
if there's interest in this, but it'd be a good candidate for v16.

>  * basebackup: support zstd long distance matching

My patch.  No discussion, but I'm hopeful and don't see why this
shouldn't be in v16.

>  * warn if GUC set to an invalid shared library

My patch.  I'm waiting for feedback on 0001, which has gotten no
response.  I moved it.

>  * ALTER TABLE and CLUSTER fail to use a BulkInsertState for toast tables

My patch.  There's been no recent discussion, so I guess I'll postpone
it for v17.

>  * Check consistency of GUC defaults between .sample.conf and pg_settings.boot_val

IDK what's needed to progress this;  If left here, since it will cause
*this* patch to fail if someone else forgets to add a new GUC to the
sample config.  Which is odd.

--
Justin