Re: Remove last traces of SCM credential auth from libpq? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Remove last traces of SCM credential auth from libpq?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 08:10:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Maybe flush those special messages too?  I'm not sure how long
> they've been obsolete, though.

KRB4 was switched in a159ad3 back in 2005, and KRB5 in 98de86e back in
2014 (deprecated in 8.3, so that's even older than creds).  So yes,
that could be removed as well, I guess, falling back to the default
error message.

> Nah, I see no reason to wait.  We already dropped the higher-level
> client support (psql/pg_dump) for these server versions in v15.

Okay.  I'll clean up this part today, then.
--
Michael

Attachment