Re: pg_upgrade test failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_upgrade test failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 12:10:06PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I think something like the attached should do the right thing for
> STATUS_DELETE_PENDING (sort of "ENOENT-in-progress").  unlink() goes
> back to being blocking (sleep+retry until eventually we reach ENOENT
> or we time out and give up with EACCES), but we still distinguish it
> from true ENOENT so we have a fast exit in that case.  This is passing
> CI, but not tested yet.

    if (lstat(path, &st) < 0)
-       return -1;
+   {
+       if (lstat_error_was_status_delete_pending())
+           is_lnk = false;
+       else
+           return -1;
+   }
+   else
+       is_lnk = S_ISLNK(st.st_mode);
Sorry, I don't remember all the details in this area, but a directory
can never be marked as STATUS_DELETE_PENDING with some of its contents
still inside, right?  If it has some contents, forcing unlink() all
the time would be fine?

> One ugly thing in this patch is that it has to deal with our
> historical mistake (?) of including Windows headers in this file in
> Cygwin builds for no reason and thus getting WIN32 defined on a
> non-WIN32 build, as I've complained about before[1] but not yet tidied
> up.

Your proposal remains local to dirmod.c, so that does not sound like a
big deal to me for the time being.
--
Michael

Attachment