Re: [small patch] Change datatype of ParallelMessagePending from "volatile bool" to "volatile sig_atomic_t" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [small patch] Change datatype of ParallelMessagePending from "volatile bool" to "volatile sig_atomic_t"
Date
In response to [small patch] Change datatype of ParallelMessagePending from "volatile bool" to "volatile sig_atomic_t"  ("kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 06:57:28AM +0000, kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com wrote:
> While reviewing [1], I and Amit noticed that a flag ParallelMessagePending is defined
> as "volatile bool", but other flags set by signal handlers are defined as "volatile sig_atomic_t".
>
> How do you think?

You are right.  bool is not usually a problem in a signal handler, but
sig_atomic_t is the type we ought to use.  I'll go adjust that.
--
Michael

Attachment