Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?)
Date
In response to Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?)  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 09:12:22PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I've read this one, and nothing is standing out at quick glance, so
> that looks rather reasonable to me.  I should be able to spend more
> time on that at the beginning of next week, and maybe apply it.

What I had at hand seemed fine on a second look, so applied after
tweaking a couple of comments.  One thing that I have been wondering
after-the-fact is whether it would be cleaner to return the contents
of the backup history file or backup_label as a char rather than a
StringInfo?  This simplifies a bit what the callers of
build_backup_content() need to do.
--
Michael

Attachment