Re: Record SET session in VariableSetStmt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Record SET session in VariableSetStmt
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 08:28:27PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> If we move to a real jumbling of VariableSetStmt, we should keep the rules
> consistent with the rest of the jumble code and ignore an explicit "SESSION" in
> the original command.

Hm, interesting bit, I should study more this area.  So the query ID
calculation actually only cares about the contents of the Nodes
parsed, while the query string used is the one when the entry is
created for the first time.  It seems like the patch to add
TransactionStmt nodes into the jumbling misses something here, as we'd
still compile different query IDs depending on the query string itself
for simple commands like BEGIN or COMMIT.  I'll reply on the other
thread about all that..
--
Michael

Attachment