Re: pg_receivewal fail to streams when the partial file to write is not fully initialized present in the wal receiver directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_receivewal fail to streams when the partial file to write is not fully initialized present in the wal receiver directory
Date
In response to Re: pg_receivewal fail to streams when the partial file to write is not fully initialized present in the wal receiver directory  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 07:16:41AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> t/010_pg_basebackup.pl ... 134/?
> #   Failed test 'pg_basebackup reports checksum mismatch stderr
> /(?^s:^WARNING.*checksum verification failed)/'
> #   at t/010_pg_basebackup.pl line 769.
> #                   'unrecognized win32 error code: 123WARNING:
> checksum verification failed in file "./base/5/16399", block 0:
> calculated 4C09 but expected B3F6
> # pg_basebackup: error: checksum error occurred

Shouldn't we extend the mapping table in win32error.c so as the
information provided is more useful when seeing this error, then?
There could be other code path able to trigger this failure, or other
hackers working on separate features that could benefit from this
extra information.
--
Michael

Attachment