Re: pg_upgrade test failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_upgrade test failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 02:32:17PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't know if actually related to the commit below, but there've been a
> lot of runs of the pg_upgrade tests in the meson branch, and this is the first
> failure of this kind. Unfortunately the error seems to be transient -
> rerunning the tests succeeded.

This smells to me like a race condition in pg_upgrade (or even pg_ctl
for SERVER_LOG_FILE) where the code still has handles on some of the
files in the log/ subdirectory, causing its removal to not be able to
finish happen.  If this proves to be rather easy to reproduce, giving
a list of the files still present in this path would give a hint easy
to follow.  Does this reproduce with a good frequency?
--
Michael

Attachment