psql -l and locales (Re: pgsql: Add option to use ICU as global locale provider) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject psql -l and locales (Re: pgsql: Add option to use ICU as global locale provider)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane
> Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> > A possible solution might be to rip out all the locale columns except
> > "Encoding" from \l, and leave them in place for \l+.
>
> I'd rather see a single column summarizing the locale situation.
> Perhaps it could be COALESCE(daticulocale, datcollate), or
> something using a CASE on datlocprovider?
> Then \l+ could replace that with all the underlying columns.

Fwiw I still think the default psql -l output should be more concise.
Any chance to have that happen for PG15?

I can try creating a patch if it has chances of getting through.

Christoph