Re: Avoid unecessary MemSet call (src/backend/utils/cache/relcache.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Avoid unecessary MemSet call (src/backend/utils/cache/relcache.c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 10:38:41AM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> It changes code.  Any bugfix in the surrounding code would have to fix a
> conflict.  That is nonzero effort.  Is it a huge risk?  No, it is very
> small risk and a very small cost to fix such a conflict; but my claim is
> that this change has zero benefit, therefore we should not incur a
> nonzero future effort.

Agreed to leave things as they are.  This really comes down to if we
want to make this code more C99-ish or not, and the post-patch result
is logically the same as the pre-patch result.
--
Michael

Attachment