Re: Data caching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Data caching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 04:12:45PM +0530, Anant ngo wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a postgres extension or project related to application-level/
> foreign-table data caching ? The postgres_fdw extension fetches data from
> foreign table for each command.
>
> I have seen previous messages in archive about caching in form of global temp
> tables, query cache etc. There are good discussions about whether support
> should be built-in but did not find any implementation.
>
> I have seen the 44 postgres extensions that come pre-installed with ubuntu
> 16.04 but none of them do this.

You can do foreign-table data caching via materialized views:

    https://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2017.html#September_1_2017

Also, this is more of a question for pgsql-general@postgresql.org.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson