Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Re: Michael Paquier
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 10:31:21AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Okay, let's do so then on HEAD.  I'll wait a bit more, in case others
> > have an opinion to offer on the matter.
>
> Well, done.  One thing that I find a bit surprising in all that is the
> lack of consistency in the handling of the return code of psql when
> the last switch fails when not using ON_ERROR_STOP.  For example, psql
> fails if the last switch is a slash command from -c, but succeeds if
> the last switch is a slash command in a file from -f that exists.
> This comes down to the way failures are passed down from MainLoop() so
> I am not sure if this is worth worrying about and nobody has
> complained about that AFAIK, but I have added some extra tests to at
> least document everything I could think about to track changes, in
> case somebody plays with this code in the future.

Is there anything left to do to fix up the --single_transaction +
ON_ERROR_STOP case here? From reading the code, it now does what it
should do. What is left to do for backpatching it?

Christoph