Re: BUG #17543: CSVLOG malformed from disk space error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #17543: CSVLOG malformed from disk space error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 05:31:35AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> This list is for reporting bugs, not feature requests.
>
> I’d have to say that there is little interest in sacrificing performance
> for safety here, which seems like an unavoidable proposition.

I'd be curious to hear about an actual proposal if there are things
that could be improved.  Saying that, after playing with this area in
the last couple of months to add support for the JSON format, the
design of the syslogger with its set of synced pipes to ensure the
ordering of the logs sent by the backends to the syslogger process
relies on many assumptions, and it may be hard to make things more
reliable without sacrificing performance.  Aka, this can already
become a bottleneck with short logs and a rather high logging level
used and we don't want to make that worse.
--
Michael

Attachment