Re: Building Postgres with lz4 on Visual Studio - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Building Postgres with lz4 on Visual Studio
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 05:21:41PM +0300, Melih Mutlu wrote:
> I tried to build Postgres from source using Visual Studio 19. It worked all
> good.
> Then I wanted to build it with some dependencies, started with the ones
> listed here [1]. But I'm having some issues with lz4.
>
> First I downloaded the latest release of lz4 from this link [2].
> Modified the src\tools\msvc\config.pl file as follows:

Yeah, that's actually quite an issue because there is no official
release for liblz4.lib, so one has to compile the code by himself to
be able to get his/her hands on liblz4.lib.  zstd is similarly
consistent with its release contents.
--
Michael

Attachment