Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 03:46:25PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> It is sensible to rig createuser command with full capability of
> CREATE ROLE is reasonable.
>
> Only --replication is added by commit 9b8aff8c19 (2010) since
> 8ae0d476a9 (2005). BYPASSRLS and NOBYPASSRLS were introduced by
> 491c029dbc (2014) but it seems to have forgotten to add the
> corresponding createuser options.
>
> By a quick search, found a few other CREATE ROLE optinos that are not
> supported by createuser.

My question is: is BYPASSRLS common enough to justify having a switch
to createuser?  As the development cycle of 15 has just finished and
that we are in feature freeze, you may want to hold on new patches for
a bit.  The next commit fest is planned for July.
--
Michael

Attachment