Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser
Date
Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser  (Shinya Kato <Shinya11.Kato@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:10:01 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 03:46:25PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > It is sensible to rig createuser command with full capability of
> > CREATE ROLE is reasonable.
> >
> > Only --replication is added by commit 9b8aff8c19 (2010) since
> > 8ae0d476a9 (2005). BYPASSRLS and NOBYPASSRLS were introduced by
> > 491c029dbc (2014) but it seems to have forgotten to add the
> > corresponding createuser options.
> >
> > By a quick search, found a few other CREATE ROLE optinos that are not
> > supported by createuser.
>
> My question is: is BYPASSRLS common enough to justify having a switch
> to createuser?  As the development cycle of 15 has just finished and
> that we are in feature freeze, you may want to hold on new patches for
> a bit.  The next commit fest is planned for July.

I don't think there's a definitive criteria (other than feasibility)
for whether each CREATE ROLE option should have the correspondent
option in the createuser command.  I don't see a clear reason why
createuser command should not have the option.

As far as schedules are concerned, I don't think this has anything to
do with 15.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi