Re: Fixes for compression options of pg_receivewal and refactoring of backup_compression.{c,h} - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Fixes for compression options of pg_receivewal and refactoring of backup_compression.{c,h}
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 11:15:46AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> +1 for this in general, but I think that naming like
> "compression_algo" stinks. If you think "compression_algorithm" is too
> long, I think you should use "algorithm" or "compression" or
> "compression_method" or something.

Yes, I found "compression_algorithm" to be too long initially.  For
walmethods.c and pg_receivewal.c, it may be better to just stick to
"algorithm"  then, at least that's consistent with pg_basebackup.c.
--
Michael

Attachment