Re: Postgres perl module namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 04:06:28PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Here's a version with a fixed third patch that corrects a file misnaming
> and fixes the export issue referred to above. Passes my testing so far.

Wow.  That's really cool.  You are combining the best of both worlds
here to ease backpatching, as far as I understand what you wrote.

+*generate_ascii_string = *TestLib::generate_ascii_string;
+*slurp_dir = *TestLib::slurp_dir;
+*slurp_file = *TestLib::slurp_file;

I am not sure if it is possible and my perl-fu is limited in this
area, but could a failure be enforced when loading this path if a new
routine added in TestLib.pm is forgotten in this list?
--
Michael

Attachment