Re: BUG #17448: In Windows 10, version 1703 and later, huge_pages doesn't work. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #17448: In Windows 10, version 1703 and later, huge_pages doesn't work.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:59:08PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> That approach seems sensible.  For reference the versionhelpers.h seems to be
> available starting with VS 2013 / v120, which is ok since that the oldest
> version we support AFAICS.

Hmm.  This points out to a different problem.  The oldest version of
MSVC supported on v10 and v11 is VS2005, so a backpatch means that
those checks would need to be tweaked if we'd want to be perfectly
compatible.  But I'd rather not enter in this game category, limiting
this patch to v12~ :)

> Now, I also have the exact same result without the patch applied so it's hard
> to know whether it had any impact at all.  Unfortunately, I didn't find any
> information on how to check if "large pages" are used and/or by which program.

Okano-san has mentioned VMMap upthread:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/vmmap
--
Michael