Re: pgsql: pgstat: store statistics in shared memory. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: pgstat: store statistics in shared memory.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 04:37:02AM +0000, Andres Freund wrote:
> pgstat: store statistics in shared memory.
>
> Previously the statistics collector received statistics updates via UDP and
> shared statistics data by writing them out to temporary files regularly. These
> files can reach tens of megabytes and are written out up to twice a
> second. This has repeatedly prevented us from adding additional useful
> statistics.

rorqual, that uses --disable-spinlocks and --disable-atomics, is
unhappy after this commit:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=rorqual&dt=2022-04-07%2005%3A47%3A03

test_decoding is the one complaining here, and I can reproduce the
issue locally once I build the code with those switches.
--
Michael

Attachment