Re: Tab completion for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW ... SET ACCESS METHOD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Tab completion for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW ... SET ACCESS METHOD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Nagata-san,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 01:33:37PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> SET ACCESS METHOD is supported in ALTER TABLE since the commit
> b0483263dd. Since that time,  this also has be allowed SET ACCESS
> METHOD in ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW. Although it is not documented,
> this works.

Yes, that's an oversight.  I see no reason to not authorize that, and
the rewrite path in tablecmds.c is the same as for plain tables.

> I cannot found any reasons to prohibit SET ACCESS METHOD in ALTER
> MATERIALIZED VIEW, so I think it is better to support this in psql
> tab-completion and be documented.

I think that we should have some regression tests about those command
flavors.  How about adding a couple of queries to create_am.sql for
SET ACCESS METHOD and to tablespace.sql for SET TABLESPACE?
--
Michael

Attachment