Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 05:23:40PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:19:47 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote in
>> On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 10:40 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
>> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 0001 - I don't think you need to do this as UpdateControlFile
>> (update_controlfile) will anyway update it, no?
>> + /* Update control file using current time */
>> + ControlFile->time = (pg_time_t) time(NULL);
>
> Ugh.. Yes. It is a copy-pasto from older versions.  They may have the
> same copy-pasto..

This thread has shifted to an entirely different discussion,
presenting patches that touch code paths unrelated to what was first
stated.  Shouldn't you create a new thread with a proper $subject to
attract a more correct audience?
--
Michael

Attachment