Re: Missing tags ALTER ROUTINE and DROP ROUTINE in Event Trigger Firing Matrix - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Missing tags ALTER ROUTINE and DROP ROUTINE in Event Trigger Firing Matrix
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hi Leslie,

On Sat, Mar 05, 2022 at 10:15:33AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> "ALTER ROUTINE" and "DROP ROUTINE" are not listed in the "Event Trigger
> Firing Matrix" documentation page, even though these tags seem supported
> from PostgreSQL 11 onwards.
>
> It would be really useful to mention them, since alterations and deletions
> of functions and procedures through ALTER ROUTINE and DROP ROUTINE commands
> won't be caught by a trigger firing only on "ALTER PROCEDURE" and "ALTER
> FUNCTION" tags (respectively "DROP PROCEDURE" and "DROP FUNCTION" tags).

Thanks for the report.  Indeed, the table is missing that ALTER
ROUTINE would fire the events ddl_command_start and ddl_command_end.
DROP ROUTINE fires on sql_drop, ddl_command_start and
ddl_command_end.  I have applied a patch to add this information
to the docs down to 11.

Regards,
--
Michael