Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [EXT] Re: Looking for tips on improving full-text search quality in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar  4, 2022 at 11:43:57AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Bayer, Samuel" <sam@mitre.org> writes:
> > One concrete question, I suppose, is: the classic TF/IDF search strategy relies on inverse document frequency,
whichlooks across the corpus. I can't tell whether that corpus-wide frequency information is taken into account in
eitherranking function.

> The documentation is pretty clear that they don't, they just consider each
> document in isolation.  Building a structure that would allow more-global
> info to be taken into account is an interesting project that nobody's
> tackled.

Oh, you mean like, "pizza" is used only in this document vs it being
used in every document.  Should we add some documentation about this or
is it already clear?