Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 02:27:15PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> I'm fine with it.  Assuming that you meant to move also the underlying
> functions that goes with it (fill_hba_line and such), that would end up
> removing about 15% of hba.c (after applying 0001, 0002 and 0003).

Cool.  Thanks for the number.

> Note that in order to do so we would need to expose quite a lot more about hba
> internals, like tokenize_file() and parse_hba_line(), along with structs
> HbaToken and TokenizedLine.

I'd be rather fine with exposing all that in the shape of a clean
split, renaming some of those structures and/or function with an
Hba-like prefix, for consistency.
--
Michael

Attachment