Re: Is it correct to update db state in control file as "shutting down" during end-of-recovery checkpoint? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Is it correct to update db state in control file as "shutting down" during end-of-recovery checkpoint?
Date
In response to Re: Is it correct to update db state in control file as "shutting down" during end-of-recovery checkpoint?  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Is it correct to update db state in control file as "shutting down" during end-of-recovery checkpoint?  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 01:09:53PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> This one has been quiet for a while.  Should we mark it as
> returned-with-feedback?

Yes, that's my feeling and I got cold feet about this change.  This
patch would bring some extra visibility for something that's not
incorrect either on HEAD, as end-of-recovery checkpoints are the same
things as shutdown checkpoints.  And there is an extra argument where
back-patching would become a bit more tricky in an area that's already
a lot sensitive.
--
Michael

Attachment