Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 01:58:10PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I have been looking at how much simplicity this brings, and I have to
> admit that it is tempting to just support the loading of dumps when
> setting up the old instance to upgrade from.  We'd still need to do an
> extra effort in terms of cleaning up the diffs for the dump of the old
> instance with older versions once/if this is plugged into the
> buildfarm, but that could be addressed later depending on the versions
> that need to be covered.

The bug related to the detection of Windows and temporary paths for
pg_upgrade's server.c has been fixed as of dc57366, so attached is the
remaining rebased piece as perl2host has been recently removed.

Do others have an opinion about a backpatch of the bugfix?  Nobody has
complained about that since pg_upgrade exists, so I have just done the
change on HEAD.
--
Michael

Attachment