Re: make tuplestore helper function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: make tuplestore helper function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 10:19:33AM -0500, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 7:57 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>> I'd leave it for input from a committer about those:
>>
>>  - remove tuplestore_donestoring() calls ?

This part has been raised on a different thread, as of:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAP0=ZVJeeYfAeRfmzqAF2Lumdiv4S4FewyBnZd4DPTrsSQKJKw@mail.gmail.com

And it looks sensible from here to just remove any traces of this
stuff from the C code, while leaving the compatibility macro around
to avoid any breakages with any external modules.

>>  - split expectedDesc NULL check to an 0001 patch ?

I am not sure that this is worth a split, as the same areas are
touched.

>>  - anything other opened questions ?
>>
>> I'm marking this as RFC, with the caveat that the newline before
>> MakeFuncResultTuplestore went missing again :)
>
> oops. I've attached v6 with the newline.

Saying that, the wrapper you are proposing here looks like a good
idea.  I have wanted a centralized wrapper more than once, and this is
a nice cut overall.
--
Michael

Attachment