Re: pgsql: Add TAP test to automate the equivalent of check_guc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP test to automate the equivalent of check_guc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Michael Paquier
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 10:48:11AM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > It never caused any problem in the 12+ years we have been doing this,
> > but Debian is patching pg_config not to be relocatable since we are
> > installing into /usr/lib/postgresql/NN /usr/share/postgresql/NN, so
> > not a single prefix.
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql/-/blob/15/debian/patches/50-per-version-dirs.patch
>
> Wow.  This is the way for Debian to bypass the fact that ./configure
> is itself patched, hence you cannot rely on things like --libdir,
> --bindir and the kind at build time?  That's..  Err..  Fancy, I'd
> say.

--libdir and --bindir will point at the final install locations.

I think the "bug" here is that vanilla PG doesn't support installing
in FHS locations with /usr/lib and /usr/share split, hence the Debian
patch.

Christoph