Re: pgsql: Add TAP test to automate the equivalent of check_guc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP test to automate the equivalent of check_guc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 10:48:11AM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> It never caused any problem in the 12+ years we have been doing this,
> but Debian is patching pg_config not to be relocatable since we are
> installing into /usr/lib/postgresql/NN /usr/share/postgresql/NN, so
> not a single prefix.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/postgresql/-/blob/15/debian/patches/50-per-version-dirs.patch

Wow.  This is the way for Debian to bypass the fact that ./configure
is itself patched, hence you cannot rely on things like --libdir,
--bindir and the kind at build time?  That's..  Err..  Fancy, I'd
say.
--
Michael

Attachment