Re: Incorrect Repo Information? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Incorrect Repo Information?
Date
List pgsql-www
Re: Jonathan S. Katz
> > <https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/>
> >
> > In the section "Included in distribution" (at the very bottom) pgadmin4
> > is listed as being in the repository:
> > <http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt>.
>
> The "Included in Distribution" is something we need to re-title (I believe
> it was discussed on a different thread). It's meant to convey that these
> packages are included in the upstream OS distribution, i.e. Ubuntu itself,
> not the PostgreSQL APT repository.

pgadmin4 was removed from apt.postgresql.org after what I call the
"pgadmin incident". I was struggling to keep the packages updated
while upstream kept adding new dependencies, and at some point,
without any warning, upstream started publishing their own apt
packages. Of course the "pgadmin" pgadmin packages didn't even try to
be compatible with the existing packaging. At that point I was fed up
and nuked the existing packages.

It's not in Debian or Ubuntu either for that reason, plus the problem
they are using a JS minifier/packager that isn't packaged itself.

Christoph