Re: Incorrect Repo Information? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Incorrect Repo Information?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 9:43 AM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:

> Re: Jonathan S. Katz
> > > <https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/>
> > >
> > > In the section "Included in distribution" (at the very bottom) pgadmin4
> > > is listed as being in the repository:
> > > <http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt>.
> >
> > The "Included in Distribution" is something we need to re-title (I believe
> > it was discussed on a different thread). It's meant to convey that these
> > packages are included in the upstream OS distribution, i.e. Ubuntu itself,
> > not the PostgreSQL APT repository.
>
> pgadmin4 was removed from apt.postgresql.org after what I call the
> "pgadmin incident". I was struggling to keep the packages updated
> while upstream kept adding new dependencies, and at some point,
> without any warning, upstream started publishing their own apt
> packages. Of course the "pgadmin" pgadmin packages didn't even try to
> be compatible with the existing packaging. At that point I was fed up
> and nuked the existing packages.
>
> It's not in Debian or Ubuntu either for that reason, plus the problem
> they are using a JS minifier/packager that isn't packaged itself.

Yeah, that's an oversight that it wasn't removed fromt he download
page. I'll go do that.

In passing I will also remove the mention of the contrib package there
since it's now gone from all the supported versions of PostgreSQL (and
included in the main packages).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/