Re: Incorrect Repo Information? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Incorrect Repo Information?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2/9/22 9:22 PM, Tyler Chambers wrote:
> Hi Postgres Web Team (?)
>
> On this page:
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
> <https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/>
>
> In the section "Included in distribution" (at the very bottom) pgadmin4
> is listed as being in the repository:
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt
> <http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt>.

The "Included in Distribution" is something we need to re-title (I
believe it was discussed on a different thread). It's meant to convey
that these packages are included in the upstream OS distribution, i.e.
Ubuntu itself, not the PostgreSQL APT repository.

> This does not seem to still be the case. It appears pgadmin4 has been
> relocated to this apt repository:
> https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/
> <https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/> , per
> https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt
> <https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt>.
>
> If that is true, it would be great if you could update
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
> <https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/> to remove the table
> entry for pgadmin4, and maybe throw in some links to the respective
> projects download pages if they've been relocated.

That said, doing a quick search[1] on the Ubuntu packages list, I did
not see pgAdmin 4 there, so it could be removed.

Adding in Christoph to get his opinion. Note that this is on the eve of
a PostgreSQL update release, so his response may be delayed.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://packages.ubuntu.com/

Attachment