Re: BUG #17401: REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY creates a race condition on a streaming replica - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #17401: REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY creates a race condition on a streaming replica
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 01:23:34PM -0800, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I find the idea that we'd fail to WAL-log information that is needed
> during Hot Standby (to prevent this race condition) plausible.
> Michael?

Yeah, REINDEX relies on some existing index definition, so it feels
like we are missing a piece related to invalid indexes in all that.  A
main difference is the lock level, as exclusive locks are getting
logged so the standby can react and wait on that.  The 30-minute mark
is interesting.  Ben, did you change any replication-related GUCs that
could influence that?  Say, wal_receiver_timeout, hot_standby_feedback
or max_standby_streaming_delay?
--
Michael

Attachment