Re: could not accept SSL connection: Success - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: could not accept SSL connection: Success
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 05:05:52PM +0100, Carla Iriberri wrote:
> I saw previous discussions where different errors were logged with the
> "Success"
> message and this was corrected/treated as a bug, but I couldn't find similar
> reports specific to "could not accept SSL connection". Is this a known
> issue or
> case?

Not based my recent mailing list memories, but I may be running short.
The error comes from the backend as you say, where this log would
expect something in saved_errno to feed %m.

And, upstream documentation tells that:
https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/SSL_get_error.html

"On an unexpected EOF, versions before OpenSSL 3.0 returned
SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, nothing was added to the error stack, and errno was
0. Since OpenSSL 3.0 the returned error is SSL_ERROR_SSL with a
meaningful error on the error stack."

This would mean that relying on %m would be wrong for this case.  And
I guess that you are using a version of OpenSSL older than 3.0?
--
Michael

Attachment